Start an LLC with Bizee for FREE (only pay the state filing fee).We get a commission for purchases made through the links within this Bizee review.
Bizee's LLC Formation Packages
Silver LLC Package ($0)
Gold LLC Package ($199)
Platinum LLC Package ($299)
Compare Apples to Apples
The "Core" Services:
Bizee's Cost of the Core Services
- Preliminary name search: Before you file the paperwork with the state, you or Bizee can perform a name availability check.
- LLC formation paperwork: Bizee will prepare and file the formation paperwork with the state.
- Registered agent: Bizee can serve as the LLC's registered agent, if desired. If they are the LLC's registered agent they will accept official mail and legal papers on behalf of the LLC. New LLC filings come with one year of free registered agent service ($119/year after the first year).
- Free tax consultation: Every accounting package includes a free tax consultation. A small business accountant will review your business finances and help you understand where you could be saving money. They will offer practical advice on your expenses, tax commitments and other areas to help you reduce the tax you owe.
- File business taxes: Bizee will match you with a tax professional who will help you file your business taxes.
- Annual Report: Most states require an LLC to file a some kind of periodic reports (typically an annual report). If your state requires periodic reports, Bizee can handle for you for $99 + applicable filing fees.
- Amendments: If you need to modify anything related to your LLC, Bizee will help you file any necessary paperwork for $99 + applicable filing fees.
- Dissolution: If you need to close your LLC, Bizee can handle the paperwork for $149 + applicable filing fees.
- Foreign LLC qualification: If your LLC does business in a state other than the state of formation, Bizee can get your LLC qualified to do business in the "foreign" state for $149 + applicable filing fees.
- DBA/Fictitious Name filings: If your LLC does business under an assumed or fictitious name (any name that does not equal the LLC name), Bizee can file the necessary paperwork for $149 + applicable filing fees.
- Trademark registration: See more below.
- Certificate of good standing: For $49, Bizee will request and obtain a certificate of good standing for your LLC.
- LLC kit: An LLC kit is just a nice 3-ring binder with the name of your LLC embossed on the spine where you would keep hard copies of the LLC paperwork. The LLC kit comes with the Gold and Platinum packages or can be purchased a la carte for $99.
- Business license search: Bizee can search federal, state and local licensing authorities to determine if your business is required to have such a license.
- Tax elections: Bizee can prepare and file a tax election (i.e. election to be taxed like an S-Corp). This service is included in the Gold and Platinum packages, or can be added to the Silver package for $50.
- Virtual Address: See more below.
Virtual Address Service
Talk to a Specialist, Not a Salesperson
Bizee does not employ salespersons. Everyone on staff has at least 6 years experience incorporating new businesses and they do not encourage unnecessary services.
Registered Agent Service
All business formation companies, including Bizee, offer registered agent services. Bizee provides a full year of registered agent services for free if you use them to start your LLC. After the first anniversary of your LLC formation, they charge $119/year.
Unlike some companies, you may opt out of the free registered agent service provided by Bizee. This is a common complaint we see for Bizee's competitors.
You can cancel the registered agent service anytime by notifying Bizee before the auto-renewal date. While they may provide a refund if you forget to notify them before the anniversary date, their legal disclaimer states that they do not have to.
What are they known for?
Is Bizee Legit?
We located many Bizee reviews from happy customers. Bizee has served over 1,000,000 business owners since 2004. Their long history, large number of customers, and positive reviews are all good indicators of overall reliability.
ShopperApproved: They have over 19,000 five star reviews on ShopperApproved.com. 95% of all reviews are 4 or 5 star.
Best LLC Services: 4.8/5 stars (#2 overall behind ZenBusiness)
How To Start an LLC: 4.5 stars
Better Business Bureau: Not Ranked.
Real Bizee Reviews
"Great way to get a company registered. Easy to navigate, reasonably priced. I'm a return customer." -Merideth L.
"They did a great job helping put my LLC together. Very prompt service, helped me sort out the issues with the business name. Deziree responded promptly. Was very pleased." -Dalton R.
"The whole process finished much faster than promised. I did have a couple of questions and they did take a few hours to get back to me. But it wasn't as horrible as other reviews make it out to be. A lot of businesses get back to you within 24 to 48 hours when you have issues. In this case it took less than 5 hours. I think it was a decent experience for me. I'd use them again."-George J.
When we evaluate a service provider's customer support, we consider two things: (1) online resources that allow intuitive self help (2) ease of access to a real person that can help resolve our issue.
From the informative articles in the Learning Center to their online dashboard where you can track your order, Bizee's online resources are designed to be intuitive and easy to use.
In addition, Bizee employs incorporation specialists, not salespeople. Everyone on their staff has at least 6 years experience incorporating new businesses.
The #1 complaint about Bizee is their slow response time to customers' questions (read more in the following section).
Customer Service Hours
Refunds: Your order is refundable for any reason until payment is forwarded to the state, less a $30.00 cancellation fee and any expenses that have been paid or incurred in furtherance of your order. Once payment has been forwarded to the state, Bizee cannot accept any cancellations or changes to the state filing.
Privacy: Bizee does not sell your information to any person or outside business.
Pros & Cons
- Free Options
- Over 17,000 five star reviews
- Over 1,000,000 customers since 2004
- Easy to use with quick checkout
- Docs prepared quickly (1 business day)
- Gold package includes ALL 4 core services
- 1 yr free registered agent service ($119 value)
- Customer support can be slow
- Not a law firm
- Add-ons are tempting
- S-Corp option not viable
- Cheapest package is very basic
- No multi-state discount for RA Services