Start an LLC with Incfile for FREE (only pay the state filing fee).We get a commission for purchases made through the links within this Incfile review.
Incfile Reviewby LLC Reviews™
Incfile's LLC Formation Packages
Silver LLC Package ($0)
Gold LLC Package ($149)
Platinum LLC Package ($299)
Compare Apples to Apples
The "Core" Services:
IncFile's Cost of the Core Services
- Preliminary name search: Before you file the paperwork with the state, you or Incfile can perform a name availability check.
- LLC formation paperwork: Incfile will prepare and file the formation paperwork with the state.
- Registered agent: Incfile can serve as the LLC's registered agent, if desired. If they are the LLC's registered agent they will accept official mail and legal papers on behalf of the LLC. New LLC filings come with one year of free registered agent service ($119/year after the first year).
- Free tax consultation: Every accounting package includes a free tax consultation. A small business accountant will review your business finances and help you understand where you could be saving money. They will offer practical advice on your expenses, tax commitments and other areas to help you reduce the tax you owe.
- File business taxes: Incfile will match you with a tax professional who will help you file your business taxes.
- Annual Report: Most states require an LLC to file a some kind of periodic reports (typically an annual report). If your state requires periodic reports, Incfile can handle for you for $99 + applicable filing fees.
- Amendments: If you need to modify anything related to your LLC, Incfile will help you file any necessary paperwork for $99 + applicable filing fees.
- Dissolution: If you need to close your LLC, Incfile can handle the paperwork for $149 + applicable filing fees.
- Foreign LLC qualification: If your LLC does business in a state other than the state of formation, Incfile can get your LLC qualified to do business in the "foreign" state for $149 + applicable filing fees.
- DBA/Fictitious Name filings: If your LLC does business under an assumed or fictitious name (any name that does not equal the LLC name), Incfile can file the necessary paperwork for $149 + applicable filing fees.
- Trademark registration: See more below.
- Certificate of good standing: For $49, Incfile will request and obtain a certificate of good standing for your LLC.
- LLC kit: An LLC kit is just a nice 3-ring binder with the name of your LLC embossed on the spine where you would keep hard copies of the LLC paperwork. The LLC kit comes with the Gold and Platinum packages or can be purchased a la carte for $99.
- Business license search: Incfile can search federal, state and local licensing authorities to determine if your business is required to have such a license.
- Tax elections: Incfile can prepare and file a tax election (i.e. election to be taxed like an S-Corp). This service is included in the Gold and Platinum packages, or can be added to the Silver package for $50.
- Virtual Address: See more below.
Incfile's Trademark Service
Incfile's Virtual Address Service
Incfile's Noteworthy Features
Talk to a Specialist, Not a SalespersonIncfile does not employ salespersons. Everyone on staff has at least 6 years experience incorporating new businesses and they do not encourage unnecessary services.
How Fast Is Incfile?
How much are Incfile registered agents?
All business formation companies, including IncFile, offer registered agent services. IncFile provides a full year of registered agent services for free if you use them to start your LLC. After the first anniversary of your LLC formation, they charge $119/year.
Unlike some companies, you may opt out of the free registered agent service provided by IncFile. This is a common complaint we see for IncFile's competitors.
You can cancel the registered agent service anytime by notifying IncFile before the auto-renewal date. While they may provide a refund if you forget to notify them before the anniversary date, their legal disclaimer states that they do not have to.
What Incfile is Known For
Is Incfile Legit?
We located many Incfile reviews from happy customers. IncFile has served over 1,000,000 business owners since 2004. Their long history, large number of customers, and positive reviews are all good indicators of overall reliability.
ShopperApproved: They have over 19,000 five star reviews on ShopperApproved.com. 95% of all reviews are 4 or 5 star.
Best LLC Services: 4.8/5 stars (#2 overall behind ZenBusiness)
How To Start an LLC: 4.5 stars
Better Business Bureau: Not Ranked.
Real Incfile Reviews
"Great way to get a company registered. Easy to navigate, reasonably priced. I'm a return customer." -Merideth L.
"They did a great job helping put my LLC together. Very prompt service, helped me sort out the issues with the business name. Deziree responded promptly. Was very pleased." -Dalton R.
"The whole process finished much faster than promised. I did have a couple of questions and they did take a few hours to get back to me. But it wasn't as horrible as other reviews make it out to be. A lot of businesses get back to you within 24 to 48 hours when you have issues. In this case it took less than 5 hours. I think it was a decent experience for me. I'd use them again."-George J.
Incfile Customer Service
When we evaluate a service provider's customer support, we consider two things: (1) online resources that allow intuitive self help (2) ease of access to a real person that can help resolve our issue.
From the informative articles in the Learning Center to their online dashboard where you can track your order, Incfile's online resources are designed to be intuitive and easy to use.
In addition, Incfile employs incorporation specialists, not salespeople. Everyone on their staff has at least 6 years experience incorporating new businesses.
The #1 complaint about IncFile is their slow response time to customers' questions (read more in the following section).
Incfile's Customer Service Hours
Any business with hundreds of thousands of customers is going to disappoint some of them. The #1 complaint about IncFile we encountered was due to a slow response time with their customer support department. We were told that Incfile's customer service department has received a major overhaul and should be meeting client's expectation now.
IncFile's Guarantee & Refund Policy
Refunds: Your order is refundable for any reason until payment is forwarded to the state, less a $30.00 cancellation fee and any expenses that have been paid or incurred in furtherance of your order. Once payment has been forwarded to the state, IncFile cannot accept any cancellations or changes to the state filing.
Privacy: Incfile does not sell your information to any person or outside business.
Pros & Cons
- Free Options
- Over 17,000 five star reviews
- Over 1,000,000 customers since 2004
- Easy to use with quick checkout
- Docs prepared quickly (1 business day)
- Gold package includes ALL 4 core services
- 1 yr free registered agent service ($119 value)
- Customer support can be slow
- Not a law firm
- Add-ons are tempting
- S-Corp option not viable
- Cheapest package is very basic
- No multi-state discount for RA Services
I used incfile earlier this year and this incfile review is accurate. The order form was easy to navigate. I did catch myself wanting to add additional services, but figured I could always purchase later. I decided on the “gold” package and it came with everything I needed. I was able to opt-out of the free registered agent service (didn’t want to be surprised with a recurring fee in the future). I didn’t need to speak with their customer service department so I can’t comment on whether the slow response time has been solved. This was my first LLC and overall I am satisfied with my experience with incfile.
Mike, congratulations on your new LLC and thanks for your feedback! We are glad to hear our Incfile review was helpful. Circle back if you discover additional helpful features that could benefit other first time LLC creators.
I am thinking about registering a small business as an LLC through Incfile.com. I am leaning towards the gold option, but was wondering what kinds of business contract templates come with the platinum package. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your analysis of incfile’s services. Can I assume they do not have any hidden charges since none were mentioned in this incfile review?
You are correct, Adam. Incfile’s pricing is straightforward with no hidden charges. You’ll have a few options during the ordering process that could increase the pricing, but nothing tricky or hidden.
I wish to create a member managed LLC.
Does IncFile provide services also for non us residents ?
Yes, IncFile can assist when the LLC is owned by non U.S. residents.
I want to create a non-profit organization. I was leaning into Harmony but it seems this might be a better option. Which would you recommend? 3 out of 5 directors are from Latin America the other 2 live in Georgia and Florida.
I am not familiar with Harmony, but they may be a good option for you. IncFile does offer inexpensive non-profit formation services, but their bread and butter is “for profit” businesses. I would suggest looking at Harbor Compliance for non-profit business formation services.
What is the best LLC Package IncFile has for an Podcast? Should the Gold Package be recommended for an Podcast?
Unless you need a library of contract templates, we would recommend Incfile’s Gold Package.
Would Incfile be able to help me set up a PLLC in Texas?
If not, who would be a good company to look at?
Unfortunately, IncFile does not do PLLCs. The Copp Law Firm specializes in Texas LLC formations (and does PLLCs). You can read more about Texas PLLCs on their website.